What Comes Next?
Accepting 2012 Contributions Data Now!
The release of this Global Guide and its companion report represents the first step in a continuum of investments to empower companies to track and benchmark their charitable investments around the world. The successful Global Guide Short Survey pilot was the second. The momentum from the Global Guide will be carried forward in the following ways:
Global Data Collection
- Company can submit today through the MyCECP login space.
- Topics covered include total contributions, tracking trends (social entrepreneurs and government institutions), and country-specific giving totals.
- The deadline for inclusion in a planned feature piece in Giving in Numbers is May 15th. Data collection will be ongoing until July 15th.
- There is no cost to participate.
- The data collection effort is in addition to the annual Corporate Giving Standard (CGS) survey, deadline April 1st.
CECP will be convening an advisory group of companies to weigh in on all CECP standards and measurement offerings including the Corporate Giving Standard and Global Giving work. The group's objective is advising on the future of how CECP collects company information and translates it into benchmarking tools. Whether or not you join the advisory group, please weigh in! Email Carmen Perez.
The Global Guide was inspired by demand from members to expand what we do to better capture international giving. Practioner feedback was crucial in determining the language of the Global Guide. Members will continue to drive this forward as CECP explores how best to meet company needs for benchmarking, as well as presenting analysis of the field as a whole.