The Benefits of Going Global
A global approach will have significant benefits not only for corporate practitioners, but also for the corporate contributions field at large. Applying the Global Guide standard for data collection is the next step to achieving these goals!
- Benchmark against a wide range of multinational companies;
- Use the Global Guide as a cataylst for internal, company-wide discussions about syncing global policies; and
- Advance the field's understanding of the international flow of funds.
- Ensure alignment of strategic corporate goals and priorities with philanthropic activities;
- Identify companies working on similar issue areas or within the same country;
- Provide context for global giving when disucssing matters with external stakeholders; and
- Enhance presentations to senior leadership in making cases for program enhancement.
The field can:
- Improve transparency by using a shared understanding of what reported figures mean;
- Create a larger, more internationally inclusive data repository; and
- Make statements as an industry about the influence of contributions.