Giving Professionals’ Center
Corporate giving professionals plan special programs to mark International Corporate Philanthropy Day each year. Below are a few suggestions:
- Take advantage of ICPD by encouraging your CEO to join peers at the Board of Boards CEO Conference.
- Attend The Taproot Foundation's Pro Bono Summit, which takes place February 24th – 28th in New York City. Please visit http://www.taprootfoundation.org/support-probono/pro-bono-summit for more information.
- Send a company-wide letter from your CEO about your philanthropic activities and achievements.
- Post a special message about your company’s corporate giving program to your company's intranet.
- Display banners and distribute flyers about your company’s philanthropic objectives in communal areas at your corporate headquarters.
- Submit your corporate philanthropy initiatives to CECP’s website.
- Announce a new grant or launch a new global partnership.
- Work with your local Regional Association of Grantmakers or Corporate Volunteer Council to organize a collaborative program for grantmakers and nonprofits in your area.
- Coordinate a volunteer event or give employees a paid day to volunteer.
- Take senior management on a site visit to a nonprofit partner’s headquarters.
- Plan a Charity Fair, inviting local nonprofit organizations to company locations to meet employees.
- Create an internal employee recognition program and announce the winners on ICPD.
Tell Us About Your Corporate Philanthropy Programs
Is your company planning a celebration for International Corporate Philanthropy Day 2013? Tell us!