Recognizing the important role of business in society.
Monday, February 25, 2013
Each year on the fourth Monday in February, the corporate giving community, led by CECP, observes International Corporate Philanthropy Day (ICPD), an international advocacy day intended to build awareness of corporate-community partnerships and to inspire businesses around the world to engage further.
On this day, CECP holds the annual Board of Boards CEO Conference in New York and celebrates the winners of the Excellence Awards in Corporate Philanthropy, along with a host of media-friendly opportunities to draw attention to the important role of the private sector in solving societal problems.
CECP member companies and partner organizations plan philanthropic initiatives and announcements around this day, and CECP works with partner agencies to communicate the overall benefits and importance of corporate philanthropy.
|ICPD Landmark LightingsThe Empire State Building in New York and the clock tower of the Wrigley Building in Chicago light each year in blue and green for International Corporate Philanthropy Day.
International Corporate Philanthropy Day is an opportunity to:
- Tell your company’s philanthropy story on an internationally recognized day.
- Further engage senior management, employees, and nonprofit partners in your giving programs.
- Raise awareness of the important role of corporate philanthropy in fostering stronger relationships across sectors.
- Publicize your company’s philanthropic initiatives, benefiting from the added media interest.
- Enhance relationships with peers and thought leaders in the corporate giving community.
Many of the world’s most influential CEOs are CECP members, leading the charge to make a difference through corporate societal engagement.
View a list of CECP members »