Innovation. Partnership. CEO Leadership. Measurement.
The 2014 Awards application period is open.
Deadline September 5th, 2013, 11:59 p.m.
The Excellence Awards are an important platform for sharing the story of outstanding corporate giving programs. CECP encourages companies interested in applying to download the award applications at the links below.
Eligibility requirements, an overview of the winner selection process, and tips on completing the applications can be found on the first two pages of each application, found at the links below. Companies do not need to be a member of CECP to apply.
- Chairman’s Award: For companies with revenues greater than or equal to US $20 billion.
- President’s Award: For companies with revenues less than US $20 billion.
Download the Corporate Application » (Microsoft Word document)
If you have any difficulty downloading the application, please contact us for a copy: info@CECP.CO
- Directors’ Award: 501(c)3 organizations with an annual operating budget equal to or exceeding $500,000
- This award includes a $25,000 cash donation made by CECP directors to the winning nonprofit.
- The application is to be filled out jointly by the nonprofit and corporate partner.
Download the Nonprofit Application » (Microsoft Word document)
If you have any difficulty downloading the application, please contact us for a copy info@CECP.CO.
CEO Acceptance of the Award
To receive the award, the winning company’s CEO/Chairperson is required to accept the Award in person at the awards event on Monday February 25, 2014 in New York. The nonprofit CEO/Executive Director is required to accept the award in person at an event currently scheduled for Tuesday June 3, 2014.
Advice for Completing the Application
- Watch the video recording of the CECP webinar, "What Makes a Winning Excellence Awards Application?"
- Have fun sharing the program’s story and aim to submit an application that you would enjoy reviewing if you were a Selection Committee member.
- Keep the writing style fresh, vivid, and clear. Avoid using industry jargon and recycling text written for another purpose.
- Be specific and substantiate claims with detailed examples. Remember to provide an overview of the “big picture,” bearing in mind that readers may be unfamiliar with the program’s origins and unique challenges.
- Have a colleague or peer editor review the application for clarity and to eradicate typos and grammatical errors.
- Answers should not overlap or feel redundant. If this seems unavoidable, please contact CECP to clarify the relevant questions’ intent.
- The word limits are meant to be generous. Do not feel compelled to write more if you feel you have answered the question comprehensively in fewer words.
- Use bullet points, prose, or a combination, as best fits the program’s story. The Selection Committee has no preference.
- Start the application early and leave time for internal approvals at your company.
CECP Philanthropy Data
Record Year for Survey Participation